Medicinal herbs have been used for centuries and were the original medications. Sweet chestnuts were one of the earliest being used for medicinal purposes by the Romans. But what else grows in WA, how do you plant your own first-aid kit, and how do you use them?
The workshop will cover:
- Brief overview and history of medicinal plants
- Learn the health benefits of medicinal herbs
- What grows well in WA
- How to plan your own garden – you can bring a layout plan of your herb garden to work on
- Learn how to grow and prepare your own medicinal herbs
- Learn how to use the medicinal herbs
- Optional tour of Chestnut Brae garden and sweet chestnut orchards.
Programme: 10.00am – 3pm – morning tea and lunch provided.
Venue: Chestnut Brae, 106 McKittrick Rd, Carlotta, (take Vasse Highway from Nannup towards Pemberton, after 9km turn left at Chalwell Road, then 3 km turn right into McKittrick – don’t follow GPS).
About the Presenter:
Leesa Caldwell has extensive experience in growing vegetables, herbs, microgreens and edible flowers for both wholesale and retail markets. She has been presenting workshops @ Green Life and at other venues for several years, and her passion for growing healthy and health-giving plants is infectious.
To reserve your place on this workshop: email email@example.com or phone Linda on 0409104120 or John on 0407809914